I thought I’d share this dessert recipe with you all since its cheap (ish), easy to make, and delicious!!! I have to give a warning though, DO NOT tell anyone how or with what you’ve made it, or else it loses is appeal!
-12 or 24 pack of ice cream sandwiches
-12 oz. tub of cool whip
-9×13 glass (baking) pan, or even 8×8 if preferred
Other optional ingredients: Pecans or walnuts, chocolate syrup
To make it:
- Pour a very thin layer of Kahlua on the bottom of the pan.
- Line the pan with ice cream sandwiches, cookie side down, by placing them side by side with as few gaps as possible. If necessary break apart some sandwiches to fill in spaces.
- Pour a layer of Kahlua over the ice cream sandwiches.
- (Optional) Pour a layer of chocolate syrup over the entire surface.
- Cover the entire surface with an even layer of cool whip.
- Place another layer of ice cream sandwiches, cookie side down.
- Pour a final layer of Kahlua
- Cover the entire surface with cool whip, making it as even (and attractive) as possible.
- (Optional) Sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts all over.
- Place in freezer until frozen (around 30 minutes).
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!!
I made this dessert without the optional parts and it was delicious! While I used a 9×13 baking pan I’m pretty sure you can make an 8×8 with just a 12 pack of sandwiches. You might even be able to make it without the glass pan (just on a dish), but I’ve never tried it that way.
My aunt taught me how to make this dessert at a family party and EVERYONE loved it…and couldn’t guess how we made it! You might say our guests were dumb, but it sure was good! If you give it a try, let me know how it turns out!