I know there are still a couple days left in August, but as far as I’m concerned….its over!! (Sorry August.)
I’m not particularly impressed with how I did with this month’s goals. I don’t think it was as disastrous as July, but its nothing to brag about! (Speaking of which, is it just me or does it feel like I did my recap not more than a week or two ago?!) My goals are more or less staying the same for next month and I’ve already updated them in my “Monthly Goals” tab. These goals just cover a few areas that I need to remain diligent with and accountable for, and not all of them are particularly related to my finances. =]
1. Contribute $50 to my “Whatever Fund”. [$54.13 Accomplished!] Next month I’m saving the same amount, but I’m not sure where that money’s going.
2. Bring lunch to work 4 out of 5 days of the week. [FAILED!] Attempting this one more time in September.
3. Track EVERY expense for the “Know where your money goes” challenge. [Accomplished!]
4. Start sewing lessons. [Failed!] Attempting again next month.
5. Set up an appointment with my real estate agent and start visiting apartments. [Failed] Attempting again next month.
6. Start my 5k training. [Accomplished] This one was kinda vague, since I already “started”, so next month my goal is to run 3 times each week.
So there you have it. As for goal number 1, I’d been previously saving for a bunch of random things I (thought I) needed to buy. As of right now I can’t think of anything urgent that I need to purchase, so I’m holding off before I assign that money a home.
I’m doing something new with the bellydancing….since I’m not sure if I’m going to pass that test, and there are some complications with the B2 schedule, I’m not really sure what I’m going to do. I’m tempted to take the next 8-weeks off and only be a walk-in when I feel like a fun workout. Eventually down the road I WILL need the money, so I’m forcing myself to deduct $15 each week from my fun money and set it aside. That way in 8 weeks I’ll definitely have those $120 saved up! Anyway, I’m not sure anyone cares, but just writing it out makes it a little clearer to me what the best option is right now.